PVFC Looking for an Office Administrator
The Purcellville Volunteer Fire Company (PVFC) is seeking a customer-focused and highly organized office administrator to provide general administrative support for an active volunteer fire company in western Loudoun County. The Company has a membership in various statuses including operational firefighters, non-operational associate members, and lifetime members.
PVFC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that provides fire suppression, BLS emergency medical services, and support services to the citizens and visitors to Loudoun County as part of the Loudoun County Combined Fire and Rescue System (LC-CFRS). The Company’s primary operations are out of the Purcellville Public Safety Center, a county-owned facility. A combination of volunteer personnel and career from Loudoun County Fire and Rescue (LCFR) work together to provide staffing at this facility 24 hours a day, every day. The operational volunteer firefighters and officers meet all County mandated requirements for training and staffing.
General Job Description
The Office Administrator will be responsible for general office administrative duties, assisting the Company under the direction of the Board of Directors or its designee(s).
Essential Job Functions:
Provide regular response to the routine company administrative functions required by the company or LCFR to include:
- Respond to requests for follow-up for maintaining membership files and records for health, training and routine (annual) certifications for operational readiness
- Update and maintain all company personnel files and rosters in collaboration with the Company Chief and Staffing Officer
- Interact with the Volunteer Programs office of LCFR related to all administrative matters relating to company personnel
- Support special company public relations and public education events like Open House, Purcellville Public Safety Day, etc. in collaboration with responsible committee chairs
- Have a working knowledge of basic fire operations to support administratively the maintenance of Company records in the FireManager software environment under the supervision of the Staffing Officer, and hard copy files in the Fire Administration office
- Update and maintain the index of LCFR and system wide contacts and administrative officers for general reference
- Be acquainted with and support Company and member needs related to seeking assistance with basic benefits issues, e.g. filing request for personal property tax relief, educational cost reimbursements, workman’s compensation paperwork, and vehicle sticker waivers
Provide regular response to the routine membership administrative functions required by the company or LCFR to include:
- Attend the PVFC General Membership meeting, normally on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:30 PM.
- Attend the PVFC Board of Directors meeting, normally on the 1st Monday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Process all required forms and documentation when new member joins the company
- Maintain and secure all hard copy membership records in the Fire Administration office to include confidential files kept separately to satisfy State and Federal privacy and record keeping laws and statues
- Under the supervision of the Membership Chair, respond to routine inquires to the company for information about membership. And record all contacts in FireManager
- Acknowledge all membership inquiries immediately, to include calls, emails or text messages, and especially when applications are dropped off or sent electronically
- Update the company membership roster monthly or more frequently as required
- Interact with LCFR Volunteer Programs on all matters related to managing membership inquires that come through that office
- Assist with the maintenance of the Public Education activity of the Company in collaboration with committee chairs for public education and special events
- Address responses to messages left for membership or public education during the day shifts
- Be prepared to take visitors on brief tours of the building, especially those who drop in and are interested in joining the company
- Have a working understanding of the basic requirements for fire certification and training in LCFR
- Have a working understanding of the management of the Purcellville Public Safety Center related to our Company’s use of facilities shared with the Purcellville Volunteer Rescue Company and county staff
- Maintain, produce or order all outreach and application materials
- Under the direct supervision, or collaboration with, the Membership Chair and Chief, assist all new members through the application and onboarding (Company and County) process
- Any other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five years’ experience working in a professional office environment.
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Pleasant and professional phone and in-person communication skills.
- Ability to compose professional hard copy and electronic correspondence.
- Ability to handle confidential material.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Publisher).
To apply, please submit your resumes and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 24th, 2023.